Launched in late 2020, the Toyota Yaris Cross sits on the backside of the SUV line-up for the Japanese carmaker, slotting in under the bigger C-HR and Corolla Cross.
Pricing begins at $26,990 earlier than on-road prices for the petrol-powered 2WD Yaris Cross GX and tops out at $37,990 earlier than on-road prices for the Yaris Cross AWD City hybrid.
Based mostly on the identical platform because the Yaris hatch, the Yaris Cross serves as Toyota’s rival to the likes of the Ford Puma and Volkswagen T-Cross.
Toyota presents the Yaris Cross with each petrol and hybrid powertrains with the latter setting you again a further $2000 over the petrol engine.
The Yaris Cross can be supplied in all-wheel drive hybrid guise for a further $3000 on high of the hybrid two-wheel drive.
A GR Sport variant joined the Yaris Cross vary for 2023.
It has no adjustments to its powertrain however has retuned suspension that’s stated to assist sharpen steering really feel and response, in addition to cut back physique roll.
It’s out there solely with the hybrid powertrain and front-wheel drive.
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross GX: $26,990
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross GX hybrid: $28,990
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross GXL: $29,990
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross GXL hybrid: $31,990
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross GX AWD hybrid: $31,990
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross City: $32,990
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross City hybrid: $34,990
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross GXL AWD hybrid: $34,990
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross GR Sport hybrid: $35,840
- 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross City AWD hybrid: $37,990
All costs exclude on-road prices.
The front-wheel drive Toyota Yaris Cross is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol three-cylinder engine with 88kW of energy and 145Nm of torque, mated with a constantly variable transmission.
The hybrid mannequin is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine which has two electrical motors, for a complete output of 85kW. The inner-combustion engine alone outputs 67kW of energy and 120Nm of torque.
All-wheel drive hybrid fashions characteristic a 3rd electrical motor, positioned on the rear axle, which helps the entrance axle when slip is detected on the entrance. Complete energy output is similar.
The Toyota Yaris Cross petrol has a claimed mixed gasoline consumption determine of 5.4L/100km.
The front-wheel hybrid Yaris Cross has a claimed mixed gasoline financial system determine of 3.8L/100km, and with all-wheel drive this will increase to 4.0L/100km.
The 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross measures 4180mm lengthy, 1765mm broad, 1590mm peak with a 2660mm wheelbase.
Boot house within the two-wheel drive mannequin measures in at 390L. All-wheel drive fashions have 314L of boot house.
The Yaris Cross has been 30mm and is 90mm taller and 20mm wider than town hatch, additionally it is 240mm longer regardless of sharing the identical wheelbase.
The Toyota Yaris Cross is backed by a 5 12 months, limitless kilometre guarantee as with the broader Toyota vary.
Service intervals are each 15,000kms and are backed with Toyota’s capped-price servicing, which is $250 per service for the primary 5 years.
The Toyota Yaris Cross has a five-star security ranking based mostly on testing performed by ANCAP in 2021.
It acquired a rating of 86 per cent for grownup occupant safety, 86 per cent for baby occupant safety, 78 per cent for susceptible street consumer safety, and 82 per cent for security help.
The 2023 Toyota Yaris Cross comes commonplace with the next security options:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Day and evening time pedestrian detection
- Daytime bicycle owner detection
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane hint help (lane centring)
- Visitors signal recognition
- Adaptive cruise management
- Reversing digicam
- Eight airbags
The GXL and City get blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
The GX consists of:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Keyless entry and begin
- Leather-based-accented steering wheel
- 40/20/40 break up/fold rear seat
- Three-year subscription to Toyota Linked Providers
- Computerized high-beam
- Halogen headlights
- Material upholstery
- 2 x centre console cup holders
- 1 x USB port
- Spare tyre (tyre restore package in AWD hybrid)
The GXL provides:
- Encompass-view digicam
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Satellite tv for pc navigation
- Entrance and rear parking sensors with parking help brake
- LED headlights
- Rear privateness glass
The GR Sport provides:
- 18-inch GR Sport alloy wheels
- Entrance and rear GR Sport bumpers
- Entrance and rear crimson brake calipers with GR brand
- Sports activities suspension
- Black exterior mirrors
- Black Ultrasuede/leather-based upholstery
- GR brand on steering wheel and entrance headrests
- Aluminium pedals
Over the GXL, the City provides:
- Head-up show
- Energy driver’s seat
- Heated entrance seats
- Premium trim seats
- Arms-free energy tailgate
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Painted radiator grille
All fashions come commonplace with three years of Toyota Linked Providers.
Ink mica paint is commonplace, with all different single-tone finishes a $575 possibility.
- Frosted White
- Beautiful Silver
- Luna Blue
- Atomic Rush
Additionally out there throughout the vary, besides on the GR Sport, are:
- Mineral Blue
- Tuscan Gold
The next two-tone paint choices incur a $1350 cost on the City:
- Atomic Rush with Ink roof
- Tuscan Gold with Ink roof
- Latte with Ink roof
- Frosted White with Ink roof
- Mineral Blue with Ink roof
MORE: Every part Toyota Yaris Cross