A brand new on-line software which might rework the way in which electrical car house owners plan their staycations has been launched.
The EV Vacation Hotspot Index, developed by the UK’s main EV charging supplier, GRIDSERVE, will assist electrical automobile driving travellers trying to go to UK vacationer sights this yr.
With only one in 10 of the UK’s hottest vacationer sights at present providing on-site EV charging, the brand new index gives an easy-to-use rating of the sights which have handy and dependable charging infrastructure close by for EV house owners, giving them the boldness to take pleasure in and discover one of the best this nation has to supply.
High EV-friendly vacationer sights
- Beamish, the Residing Museum of the North – This immersive museum tells the story of life within the North East through the 19th and early 20th century
- Midlands Arts Centre – This pioneering arts complicated in Birmingham hosts theatre, dance, music and comedy performances
- Durham Cathedral – This Norman cathedral is a UNESCO World Heritage web site and a key filming location for the Harry Potter movies
- Hampton Courtroom Palace – Famously house to Henry VIII, this palace is a Grade I-listed constructing close to Kingston-upon-Thames
- Eden Challenge – This botanical backyard and vacationer attraction in Cornwall makes use of large glass domes to accommodate completely different ecosystems, showcasing the interactions between crops and animals
- Nationwide Railway Museum – This museum positioned in York tells the story of the event of rail transport in Britain
- Pugneys Nation Park – A big wildlife park positioned in West Yorkshire contains actions similar to a lightweight railway, citadel, and two lakes
- Millennium Gallery – This artwork gallery is Sheffield’s prime vacation spot for arts and design
- The Bodleian Library – This spectacular hub of information in Oxford is among the oldest libraries in Europe
- Stonehenge – A prehistoric monument made up of a hoop of iconic standing stones close to Salisbury
“With the UK’s fascinating historical past and immense pure magnificence, it’s no surprise staycations are the go-to possibility for over half of Brits,” mentioned Laura Hardy, Chief Communications Officer of GRIDSERVE.
“Nevertheless, we all know that restricted public transport and nervousness round EV charging choices is usually a problem for some guests, significantly these trying to journey extra sustainably.
“That’s why our EV Holiday Hotspot Index is so vital. It’s designed to assist drivers make knowledgeable choices and enhance confidence in EV journey throughout the UK.
“The Index will allow drivers to pinpoint their excellent staycation and lower emissions alongside the way in which.
“It’s a really incredible useful resource that can frequently replace as we develop our UK-wide community of Excessive Energy EV chargers on the pace and scale that’s wanted to assist transfer the needle on local weather change.”
New information reveals that greater than half (57%) of British households are planning a ‘staycation’ this yr, embarking on journeys averaging 100-200 miles.